This was my first recipe to receive a Todd Rating of 10! I believe it is Todd's all-time favorite recipe. I am glad it is one of his favorites because not only do I love it as well but it is so quick and easy to make. It is also great as a finger food for parties and can be prepared ahead. We brought it to a Christmas party this past month and there was none left to take home!
- 2 cans of thin crust pizza dough (I use Pillsbury)
- 1 small/medium can/jar pizza sauce (Sometimes I use pasta sauce with pizza seasoning)
- Approximately 10 slices of provolone cheese
- 2 c mozzarella cheese
- 1 pkg pepperoni
- Selection of deli meats (sliced chicken, ham, turkey, etc.)
- Selection of sliced veggies
- Preheat the oven to 425* and line a large baking sheet with foil. Spray it with nonstick spray.
- Roll out one pizza dough into a rectangle.
- Layer with whatever meat, veggies and cheeses you would like.
- Roll it up into a long roll.
- Slice in half so that it becomes two rolls and place on the baking sheet.
- Repeat with the other can of dough.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Let sit for a minute or two and then slice with a sharp knife.
- Serve with the heated pizza sauce.
P.S. I thought I would share a kitchen scissor hack. My mother always cut our pizzas with her kitchen scissors, so I thought it was normal. Then I went off to college and everyone thought I was weird. And a genius. :) No worrying about damaging that nonstick finish with your knife or pizza roller cutter thingy! Just a few snips with your kitchen scissors and you are good to go!