It's crazy, really. Macaroni and cheese in just 30 minutes? Really yummy macaroni and cheese in just 30 minutes? Wow. This recipe is based on Revolutionary Mac & Cheese from Macaroni and Cheesecake and is a total winner! Todd loves it because it tastes amazing and I love it because it was super quick. Who likes to stand over a stove stirring milk after a long day at work?
Todd Rating: 9.7
- 1 box whole wheat pasta
- 5 c skim milk
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 box frozen broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 c mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 c cheddar cheese
- 1 diced tomato
- In a large pot, heat the milk and pasta until it simmers. Reduce the heat to low and let it continue to lightly simmer for 20 minutes (no boiling). Every so often give it a stir so that the milk will not cook and stick to the bottom. No one likes gloopy milk!
- Heat the frozen broccoli in the microwave until it is thawed and warm. Do not drain!
- Turn off the heat under the pasta. Stir in the salt, nutmeg, broccoli and cheese and cover. Let it sit for five long minutes so that the cheese can get all melty.
- Add the tomato and stir and serve!
- You can also bake this if you have the time and want it to form a crispy crust. You can top it with more cheese and/or bread crumbs.