Ok people. Here is is! Chicken Caesar Florentine, courtesy of Taste of Home magazine (adapted a bit). Can you believe that Todd gave it a solid 10 for his Todd Rating?! It's that crazy good! And it wasn't too difficult to make, so you know this will become a monthly menu item.
- 2 c grated parmesan cheese
- 1 c creamy Caesar dressing
- 2 c crushed salad croutons
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, skin removed
- 1 box frozen spinach, thawed and drained
1. Pat the chicken breasts dry with a paper towel and slice them in half horizontally so that it is like two halves of a sandwich.
2. Combine 1 c of the cheese, 1 c of the crushed croutons, 1/2 c of the dressing and the spinach in a small bowl.
3. Stuff the middles of the chicken breasts with all of the spinach mixture.
4. Grease a 13x9 in casserole dish and preheat your oven to 375*.
5. Squirt some dressing on the bottom of your casserole four times. This will be where you will lay your chicken breasts.
6. Place the stuffed chicken breasts on top of the dressing and squirt more dressing on top. Smear the dressing so it covers the top of the chicken.
7. Scoop the other 1 c of crushed croutons on top of the squirted dressing/chicken breasts.
8. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
9. Sprinkle the tops with the remaining 1 c of cheese and continue to bake for 10 -15 more minutes.