These are the BEST sugar cookies I have ever made! I believe this recipe was passed down in our family but I don't really remember because I copied it down when I was in high school. For the frosting, I used a simple mix of powdered sugar, vanilla, milk, butter and of course, food coloring. These are great at Christmas time but also great year round too! And by the way, I love my Christmas dinos!
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 c sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 c flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 400*.
- Cream the butter and sugar together.
- Blend in the egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add the dry mixture into the wet mixture.
- Roll onto a floured surface until it is about 1/4 inch thick. Cut out with your desired cookie cutters.
- Bake on a nonstick or lightly greased cookie sheet for 5 minutes.
- Cool on the sheet for 2 minutes and then remove to a wire rack.
- Let cool completely before decorating.