Pasta is one of my favorite foods! I am going to go ahead and say that bacon is one of Todd's. I really don't cook with bacon a lot because it is so messy! Grease gets splattered all over either my microwave, oven or stove. I always wondered about precooked bacon and I finally gave it a try. Turns out, it is a pretty good when used in a dish.
This recipe is based off one I found on a Bird and a Bean. This is a definite make for that party that you need to bring a side! It is easy to make and can stay out for hours at room temperature.
- 1 box precooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 head lettuce, chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes or 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 c shredded cheddar
- 1 box pasta, cooked
- 1/2 c milk
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 clove or 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 c mayo
- 1/4 c sour cream
- 2 tbs dried chives or 3 tbs fresh
- Mix the warm, cooked pasta in the milk and let it sit until it cools.
- Mix the sour cream, mayo, thyme, garlic, chives and S&P with the cooled pasta. Mix really well so that all ingredients are combined.
- Before serving, mix in the lettuce, bacon, tomatoes and cheddar cheese.
- Serve at room temperature.