I have tried numerous crisp recipes and I have found the perfect topping combination! Not only is it crunchy and sweet but it is so simple!
- 7 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 c brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 c oats
- 1 stick butter, softened
- Preheat the oven to 375*
- Coat the apples in the lemon and vanilla. Place in an 8x8 greased casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, oats and butter.
- Smush the butter mixture over the apple mixture.
- Bake 45 minutes or until the topping looks crunchy and the apples are fork tender.
- Tastes great with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream!