These are one of Todd's favorite cookies and a common holiday dessert. I decided to go totally homemade with these this year instead of the bagged cookie mix. I got the recipe off the Hershey's website and just changed the shortening to butter. Totally worth it and just as simple!
Todd Rating: 9.62
Peanut Butter Blossoms
Keywords: bake dessert peanut butter chocolate
- 1 bag Hershey's kisses, unwrapped (you won't use them all so there will be some leftover for snacking!)
- 3/4 c creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 c brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 tbs milk
- 1 1/2 c flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1/3 c sugar, plus extra for coating the cookies
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
1. Preheat the oven to 375*.
2. Blend the butter and peanut butter.
3. Add both sugars and beat until fluffy.
4. Add the egg, milk and vanilla and combine.
5. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
6. Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture gradually and combine.
7. Roll into 1 inch balls and coat in the extra sugar.
8. Place 1-2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
9. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the tops start to crack open.
10. Immediately place the kisses in the center of each cookie.
11. Let cool on the sheet for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
Powered by Recipage