I have wanted to make Taco Pizza for quite awhile! Tonight, Todd and I finally made it. I combined two recipes together (Annie's Eats & Real Mom Kitchen) to get this delicious combination! This recipe is super fast (less than 30 minutes to make) and great for a quick dinner after a long day of work! Here is the recipe for one pizza but we doubled it so that we could each have our own.
Todd Rating: 8.9
- 1 lb 93 or 97% lean ground beef
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- 1 can Pillsbury pizza dough (regular, not thin crust)
- 1 can black beans
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne (You can use more if you like yours spicier!)
- 2-3 c shredded cheddar
- 3/4 c chopped tomatoes (about 3 roma)
- 1/4 c olives
- Handful of chopped scallions
- Preheat the oven to 425*. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick spray. Roll out the dough and bake for 8 minutes.
- Cook the beef in a pan. You can use a little oil if you are not using a nonstick pan. Add the taco seasoning. You do not have to add the water because it will make the beef too liquidy.
- Drain and slightly rinse the black beans. Puree until almost smooth in a food processor. If you do not have a food processor, you can buy canned refried beans or mash them with a fork by hand.
- Add the paprika and cayenne to the bean mixture. Spread over the preheated crust. This is the sauce!
- Add the beef on top of the bean mixture and then add cheese and toppings.
- Bake for around 8 more minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.