And might I add that this goes deliciously with our Cheeseburger Meatloaf?
- Whatever frozen and/or fresh veggies you have on hand (I used fresh carrots, frozen broccoli and frozen peas)
- 2 tbs flour
- 2 tbs melted butter
- Chicken broth/stock
- Garlic powder
- If you are using fresh veggies, cook them until soft. You can do this on the stovetop or in the microwave. Instead of water, use chicken broth/stock. Do not drain the liquid!
- When the veggies are almost cooked, add the frozen veggies in to thaw.
- In a small bowl mix the melted butter and flour together until the lumps are all gone.
- Add the butter mixture to the veggies/stock and stir until incorporated.
- Add S&P and garlic powder to taste.