Todd and I both love Muddy Buddies... aka Puppy Chow. So when I found this Poppy Chow recipe that uses popcorn instead of Chex cereal, I was super excited! I always have popcorn on hand so this was a great last minute snack tonight!
- Melt the chocolate chips, butter and peanut butter in the microwave. Stir until nice and smooth.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Pour over the popcorn in a large bowl. I use a punch bowl so that none spills over the sides when I stir! Carefully mix by folding with a soft spoon or spatula.
- Sprinkle the powdered sugar over the chocolate popcorn. Carefully mix by folding again.
- Store in an airtight container or ziplock bag. It won't last long!
* You are supposed to take the unpopped kernels out before mixing the chocolate in but I didn't want to bother with that tedious task. If you don't take the kernels out, remember to inform your guests so they don't crack a tooth!