Pasta Carbonara is a super quick pantry pasta. It gets even better if you let it sit or eat it as leftovers. Yum! I used veggie pasta in the above photos but you could use whatever pasta you want!
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2-3 tsp dehydrated onion
- 2 tsp minced garlic,
- 1 10 oz can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 10 oz can cream of mushroom (or other veggie) soup
- 1 soup can skim milk
- 1 tbs dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2-1 c frozen peas
- 1 box pasta, cooked and drained
- In a large sauce pot, heat the soups, garlic, onion, milk, parsley and thyme. Stir or whisk until combined.
- Add the frozen peas and cook until defrosted and warmed through.
- Add the pasta and bacon and toss.
- If you want a thinner sauce, add reserved pasta water or milk. If you want a thicker sauce, continue cooking or let sit.