Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes
Keywords: bake dessert orange
- 1 3 oz pkg orange gelatin, minus 2 tsp
- 1 2 layer size white cake mix
- 1 small box cheesecake or vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 1/4 c orange juice
- 4 large eggs or 3 extra large eggs
- 1/3 c vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 8 oz pkg softened cream cheese
- 1/2 c softened butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 5 c powdered sugar
- 2 tsp orange gelatin
Preheat the oven to 350* and line a cupcake pan with liners.
Make sure to set aside the 2 tsp of orange gelatin for the frosting.
In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, pudding mix, remaining gelatin, orange juice, eggs, oil and vanilla.
Fill the muffin cups 2/3 full. I used a medium scoop and did two scoops per muffin cup.
Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a middle cupcake comes out clean.
Cool cupcakes completely on a wire rack before frosting.
While the cupcakes are cooling, combine the all the frosting ingredients.
Beat the frosting with an electric mixer until fluffy and smooth.